This year, due to the COVID pandemic, our biennial performance is going to be completely online. All classes will be recording their choreographies at home during class time. We will be compiling the recordings into a performance video to share with students, parents, and families.
Below you will find all the information you require for the online performances. Important dates and costume information are mentioned for each class. This year, we will be using costumes and props that are available to you in your homes. A detailed plan for recording is also provided. Please mark the dates in your calendars, and make sure you have familiarised yourself with the recording guidelines before the day of recording.
*PLEASE NOTE: students need a parent or guardian present in the recording class to record the performance
*All students need pink ballet shoes and pink ballet tights. This is also part of the TLFCB uniform and can be purchased on https://danceon.in/
Our Pre-Primary and Primary students will be portraying characters from fairytales in this year’s performance. These are characters that the students know well and connect to through stories and movies, which is ideal while they are at home. Please see below for full details of their recording dates and costume.
To see the plan in full view Click Here
Elements of Nature
Our Grade 1 students will be portraying different elements of nature in their performance. This gives our students a chance to reconnect to the outdoors at a time when many have been confined to their homes. Please see below for the details of their recording dates and costumes.
To see the plan in full view Click Here
The Recording Session
Each student will be recording the choreography at home with the help of parents or guardians. The recording will be done during their class time to ensure that all students are confident in the choreography and have the teacher’s help. All the recordings will be sent to us for editing and compiling into the final performance videos.
To see an example of this kind of compilation, please see our summer program videos, The Mashup Musical Medley below.
Recording Session Guidelines
The recording of the performance will take place during the students’ regular class. Here are some guidelines.
What to do before the day of recording
Make sure the student has a costume to wear for the shoot. See each individual class for costume guidelines.
Make sure you have a recording device – a phone camera is sufficient.
What to do on the day of recording
Students should be in full costume and makeup for their class.
Parents, be ready to be present for the entire duration of the class. It is helpful if you are able to watch the first half of the class as it will give you an opportunity to see the choreography and know how to best record it. The recording will take place in the second half of the class.
Guidelines for recording:
- We will be recording the full choreography a few times. Please ensure that you have space on your device to record at least 2-3 times, so that the student can choose the best version.
- Shoot in landscape (horizontal) format. Please see image below:
- Wherever possible, have the background as plain as you can. If there are items that can be easily removed such as chairs or plants, please do so.
- Please ensure that the full profile of the student is visible in the recording, from the feet to the head. We recommend doing a test recording before the performance day.
- Stand next to the student’s screen so you capture them as they watch the teacher on Zoom.
- Do not worry about the music or any background noises during the recording – we will be adding a clean audio track onto the recordings in the process of editing.
What to do after recording the videos
Upload the videos into the Google Drive link which we will be sharing on the whatsapp group.
Name the videos StudentNameCharacter – for example RheaSharmaRapunzel.mp4
Videos should be uploaded within 1 WEEK of recording. Please see the exact date in the table above.
- It’s recommended that students do some makeup if possible.
- Please take some good photos of your child in their costumes and share it with us. These can be uploaded in the same folder as the videos.
- We will be sharing these photographs on social media. Please share your Instagram handles with us if you would like us to tag you.